Indecent Exposure in Texas

The full text of Indecent Exposure in Texas can be found in section 21.08 of the Texas Penal Code.

A person can be charged with indecent exposure if they expose their anus or any part of their genitals with the intent to gratify the sexual desire of any person, and they are reckless about whether there is another person present that would be offended by the act.

If you are charged with indecent exposure, you will be charged with a Class B misdemeanor.  A Class B misdemeanor in Texas has a range of punishment of up to 180 days in the county jail and a fine of up to $2,000.

What do I do if I am charged with Indecent Exposure?

Indecent Exposure is a sex crime in Texas, so it is very serious.  Although the charge is not a felony, if you are convicted of 2 separate cases of Indecent Exposure you will have to register as sex offender for a period of 10 years.

It is essential to do everything in your power to protect yourself and protect your rights.  Get a lawyer as soon as possible to start working on your case.

I have handled many cases of Indecent Exposure in Texas.  I have also gone to trial on this type of case before.  If you read the law the prosecutor has to prove that you exposed yourself with the INTENT to gratify the sexual desire of a person.

I have had many clients who exposed themselves for one reason or another without any intent to gratify any sexual desires.  Examples would be an individual urinating in public, or an individual exposing themselves to scratch their private areas.  Other times I have had clients who did not expose themselves at all.  Every case is unique and different, and every case needs to be evaluated individually.

Get a Free Consultation

I would be happy to sit down and talk to you about your case, and your particular fact pattern.  Call me, Houston Indecent Exposure Lawyer Eric J Benavides at 713-222-2828.  My consultations are free and honest.  I will let you know exactly what to expect and my goal is to make you feel as comfortable as possible with your case moving forward. You can also contact me about your case by filling in the following information.